Just round the corner from the newly redeveloped Tottenham Court Road station sits Ilona Rose House. The 300,000 sq. ft mixed-use development aims to anchor the film and creative industries in Soho.
Michael J Lonsdale was brought on by Sir Robert McAlpine to provide a £14.5m shell & core package that achieved practical completion three days early by Sir Robert McAlpine and Soho Estates. The building features a four-storey basement that will house a huge cinema room, a huge five-storey high glazed cone and multiple façade types covering the building to give it a unique and extravagant quality.
What We Did
The project team installed mechanical, public health & BMS services to the core building areas. Works consisted of:
• A low-temperature hot water system supported by ground source heat pumps.
• Condenser boilers situated in the B3/B4 boiler room.
• Secondary circuits from low-temperature hot water system to retail, tenant and landlord areas.
• Energy recovery condenser water system.
• Fully integrated BMS with output for energy monitoring and full environmental control with option for night time purge cycle to provide efficient cooling in the right conditions.
• Central chilled water system using water cooled chillers supported by roof mounted dry air coolers.
• Condenser water system providing energy recovery to VRF systems.
• Building wide ventilation systems including primary supply and extract systems, toilet ventilation and ventilation to subordinate rooms and landlords areas.
• Smoke extract systems in basement areas with damper control.
• Cooling systems for landlord critical areas.
• Public health drainage.
• Rainwater pipework.
• Domestic hot and cold water distribution and main plant systems serving toilet areas and potential kitchen for tenant fit out.
• Cat 5 cold water system.
• Water treatment systems to LTHW and CHW installations.
• Full O&M and building log book support.